Sunday, January 29, 2012

Garlic and Rosemary Potatoes

After a week of doing yoga regularly with a one-hour meditation session to boot, I can feel an aura of calmness enveloping around me. I can sense peace in my soul. I feel utterly cleansed.

So cleansed that I felt I had the permission from the universe to start clogging up my arteries again.

Sorry, I'm still working on my self-resolve. These things are a work in progress.

But the good news is that my unfounded fear of potato skins has left the building.

And all it took was grease and garlic!

Remember the aspirational recipe after making potatoes with rosemary? Being garlic-holics, it's very likely we'll be having this again.

Garlic and Rosemary Potatoes

Potatoes, steamed
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
2-3 tbs olive oil (as long as pan doesn't dry out)

  1. Add olive oil in a preheated pan.
  2. Place potatoes in pan with the cut side down over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper.
  3. Wait until the cut side starts to brown.
  4. Once potatoes start to brown, flip over and allow to brown for few minutes.
  5. Add in dried rosemary and garlic.
  6. Stir continuously over medium-low heat until garlic starts to brown. Do not over brown the garlic; otherwise, it will become bitter. Turn off flame.

What would The Failed Chef do next time?
  • Why does browning of the potates seem to take forever - need to have bigger flame perhaps?
  • Also, good gracious, woman, lighten up on the grease, please! (and you know I totally meant that to rhyme)

No comments:

Post a Comment