Sunday, January 22, 2012

Egg-free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

I, along with three million other people on earth, love Ben and Jerry’s cookie dough ice cream. As you can tell, I also love making up random statistics.

But the honest-to-goodness truth is how Ben and Jerry’s cookie dough ice cream makes me feel. I become one with the sugar rush as it explodes and my taste buds do a happy dance. Each burst of the cookie chunks breaks the smooth creaminess of the ice cream. The sugar sends a telegram to my neurons and makes my fingers clasp more tightly around the spoon, swirling it around the ice cream tub and gravitating the spoon into my mouth.

Spoonful, after spoonful, after spoonful.

It really wasn’t me who did that. It was the effect of the sugar, I swear.

Fresh from my success with recreating Reese’s peanut butter bars, I got a little braver and sought to create the cookie dough myself instead of shelling out $13.90 for Ben and Jerry’s ice cream.

I found kittencalskitchen's recipe and halved it.

Egg-free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

1/2 cup flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons white sugar
2 tablespoons butter (softened)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons milk/ water
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
  1. In a medium bowl mix together both white and brown sugars and butter until smooth.
  2. Stir in vanilla and milk.
  3. Sift in the flour until well blended.
  4. Add in chocolate chips.
  5. Roll into balls and freeze until firm.
Instead of adding it into the entire tub of ice cream, I only took a few scoops of ice cream and added the pieces of the cookie dough needed. Because I love chocolate chip cookie dough balls so much, I ate it on its own without putting it in ice cream and it tasted great!

Like the Reese’s peanut butter bars, I couldn’t finish it all by myself and so the remainder of the cookie dough got shoved in the freezer.

What form will the chocolate chip cookie dough balls take in their next reincarnation? Stay tuned!
Link

No comments:

Post a Comment